Newlyweds: tips for after the wedding ceremony
Monika Cope of the Relationship Boosters provides tips and advice for those couples who have just been married.
After you spend thousands of dollars on a wedding, you need to ensure that you are also spending the same time and energy on the actual investment, your marriage. Listed below are some things to consider when moving into the next phase of your relationship.
- Planning for the wedding can take away from your focus on each other; therefore, you need to spend time intentionally connecting during and after the planning of your ceremony.
- Make your relationship a priority!
- Once you’re married, remember it is not just you anymore. You are a part of a team.
- Get to know each other by asking questions.
- There are always new things to learn about your partner.
- Keep the excitement going by planning small trips and activities together.
- Make sure you compromise by doing some things that your partner may like.
- Start difficult conversations by coming from a place of curiosity.
- Don’t not let the day to day distractions take away from your relationship
The real work begins when the wedding is all said and done.