Dating is something that should occur in every stage of the relationship
Dating and Date night is quality time together to enhance your relationship. Think of date night as intentional play!
- The National Marriage Project has a report called The Date Night Opportunity. They found that couples who devote time specifically to one another at least once a week are more likely to enjoy high-quality relationships and lower divorce rates, compared to couples who do not devote much couple time to one another.
- Date night is one of the many ways to improve maintain or enhance your relationship. It is one of the things that keep couples connected.
- A successful relationship does not just happen on its own. There are things that must be done to further enhance the relationship to keep it new, fresh, and exciting.
- Date night is not time to have a stressful conversation.
- Don't have conversations about finances, responsibilities, problems with the kids, or sensitive issues.
- You need to talk about these things, but not during a date.
- Date night is about enjoying each other.
The most common reason that many couples don’t have date night
- I don’t have time.
- I’m too exhausted.
- My job keeps me so busy.
- I am preoccupied with the kids, and their activities.
There is NO legitimate excuse that will make your partner feel good about being neglected. These excuses send the message that my partner or my relationship is not a priority. Ask yourself, Is your relationship, partnership, marriage worth it?
When picking a date night activity ask yourself these questions:
What can we do that will allow us to engage in deep conversation?
How can we enjoy each other’s company?
What is an activity that we can have fun together?
Is there anything new that we can get ourselves into?
Dating does not always have to be expensive. We have listed some date night examples:
- Hot air balloon
- Couples massage
- Be a tourist in your own town for the day
- Amusement park
If you are looking for an event, you can always check out our upcoming events. Follow the link http://therelationshipboosters.com/events/